Check ST.com Email | P90X | Kettlebell! | TRX | Elite Rings | TAC Gear | Jet Fins | Neanderthin

Forum Home Do not ask questions that violate OPSEC parameters. Read the ROEs and do a search before posting a question! Do not answer a question unless your information is from verified sources and accurate!

Google Search
Custom Search
Share |
Site Support
PJ Stickers

LATEST book on Pararescue!
Topic Options
#62379 - Tue Oct 02 2012 17:05 PM PJ age
DP099 Offline

I am curious what is the average age of the PJ wanna be in the indoc?
I am 24 years old myself, and even tho I do have a 4 yr college degree, I am going to purse of becoming a PJ by enlisting instead of an officer. It worries me little bit how people are going to see me differently cause of my age going in the Air Force by enlisting instead of by officer route.

I prefer enlisting and pursing my dream of becoming a PJ, cause I heard and read many diff sources that its very difficult to get selected and become a CRO.

Thanks for input.

Click to support the Site!
#62381 - Tue Oct 02 2012 17:14 PM Re: PJ age [Re: DP099]
jamer310 Offline

Loc: United States
I do not have that answer, but I am leaving in 2 weeks for PJ also with my 4 year degree and I am 26. If it is your dream who cares what anyone thinks. Shoot for the stars and dont let anyone tell you you can't not even yourself. Never Quit!

#62382 - Tue Oct 02 2012 17:30 PM Re: PJ age [Re: DP099]
maguwi Offline

Loc: Puerto Rico
im 22 and also im 1 year away from finishing college.. im leaving in Jan 1st and as Jamer310 said: dont worry about what others think, go with your gut, whatever your heart tells you! as Ive heard before: " if you dont die my death, dont live my life" wish u the best of luck!

#62389 - Wed Oct 03 2012 00:36 AM Re: PJ age [Re: DP099]
guijarr0808 Offline

Loc: Langley-Eustice JB
Im 25 currently active duty, i will be cross training into pararescue when my window opens up (July - Aug) time frame. by the time the whole process is done with september will pass and i too will be 26, dont worry about your age, just make sure you have the mind set to make it through. good luck in training man.

#62390 - Wed Oct 03 2012 07:26 AM Re: PJ age [Re: DP099]
DP099 Offline

Thank you all for your response. I appreciate it very much.

#62432 - Mon Oct 08 2012 14:26 PM Re: PJ age [Re: DP099]
ARMShah Offline

Loc: New Jersey
basically what everyone said. age is just a number...just make sure you're prepared mentally and physically. I am 22 years old leaving Jan 1st as well. maguwl i guess we'll be attending at the same time?
There are Two Types of Pain in this World: The Temporary Pain of Discipline, or the Permanent Pain of Regret. Quitting relieves your temporary pain, but the pain of knowing that you gave up will be with you forever. What will you choose when training gets tough--the temporary pain of training or the permanent pain of regret? NEVER QUIT

Moderator:  Guard MC, PJ1, PJ2PA, SN, TE 
Cals, Crossfit, TRX & Rings
That Others May Live

That Others May Live is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit charitable organization established in 2002. The That Others May Live Foundation provides scholarships, family counseling, and aid to surviving children of United States Air Force (USAF) Rescue heroes who gave the ultimate sacrifice during a Rescue mission, training, or other Personnel Recovery (PR) collateral mission.

Donate to TOML.

Who's Online
1 registered (toddkeeton87), 33 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12415 Members
83 Forums
11954 Topics
54731 Posts

Max Online: 151 @ Mon Jan 17 2011 21:36 PM
Joint Tactics & Medicine

JOINT TACTICS & MEDICINE (JTM)

Celebrating 12 Years of Providing High-Level Weapons Training, Combat Medicine and Support Services to Warfighters from around the globe.

Combat Medic & TCCC training Programs
Hyper-Realistic Scenario Training Support
Advanced Operator Weapon Training Programs
Custom Tailored Training Requirements

JTM Las Vegas

Check ST.com Email | P90X | Kettlebell! | TRX | Elite Rings | TAC Gear | Jet Fins | Neanderthin