Check ST.com Email | Hooahshirts.com | P90X | Kettlebell! | TRX | Recommended Books | Elite Rings | TAC Gear | Jet Fins | Neanderthin

Forum Home Do not ask questions that violate OPSEC parameters. Read the ROEs and do a search before posting a question! Do not answer a question unless your information is from verified sources and accurate!

Google Search
Custom Search
Share |
Site Support
PJ Stickers

LATEST book on Pararescue!
Topic Options
#59822 - Thu Dec 22 2011 20:34 PM CCT STS
ItsGodsCountry Offline

Loc: California
I was curious about what happens to a combat controller after AST, I have read that they get hands on on the job training and experience. However I remember reading somewhere that not all CCT are in Special Tactics Squads, and that some are conventional or something like that.. can someone clear this up for me?
Are all CCT in a STS or just some?

Click to support the Site!
#59825 - Fri Dec 23 2011 06:02 AM Re: CCT STS [Re: ItsGodsCountry]
stee Offline

Loc: nellis
I'm not sure about much else but after AST all combat controllers are assigned to an STS. There are certain duty positions available such as instructor slots but It's hard to teach with no actual experience.

#59830 - Sat Dec 24 2011 12:14 PM Re: CCT STS [Re: ItsGodsCountry]
Guard MC Offline
Operator

Loc: Louisville, Ky STS
There are no conventional CCT Squadrons and haven't been since the early 1990s. All CCTs graduating the pipeline will be assigned to a Special Tactics Squadron; 21 STS at Pope AAF NC, 22 STS at McChord AFB WA, 23 STS at Hulburt Field FL, 320 STS Okinawa Japan, 321 STS RAF Mildenhall England.
CCTs never stop on the job training. They are always learning new skills, undergoing up grade training, or just getting better at what they do. Even when they are very experienced, they keep on learning. They say you never really understand something until you teach it to somebody else and I agree.

Edited by Guard MC (Sat Dec 24 2011 12:17 PM)

#59959 - Tue Jan 10 2012 16:20 PM Re: CCT STS [Re: Guard MC]
waterbear Offline

Loc: Georgia, united states
Ok so when a Combat Controller is assigned to a STS (im assuming this means special tactics squadron) does that mean he is also assigned to a specific special operations team. For instance does a squad in SEAL Team 2 have a consistant Combat Controller attached to their squad or do they get a new one each deployment or mission or whatever (in my head I think of how TACPs are deployed and stationed with a specific unit) If not then how are you supposed to "bond" with the teams you work with? I tried making this question as clear as possible. Thanks
Patrick Covington

Moderator:  Guard MC, PJ1, PJ2PA, SN, TE 
Cals, Crossfit, TRX & Rings
That Others May Live

That Others May Live is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit charitable organization established in 2002. The That Others May Live Foundation provides scholarships, family counseling, and aid to surviving children of United States Air Force (USAF) Rescue heroes who gave the ultimate sacrifice during a Rescue mission, training, or other Personnel Recovery (PR) collateral mission.

Donate to TOML.

Who's Online
1 registered (cpgreenfoothopeful), 56 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12040 Members
83 Forums
11775 Topics
53946 Posts

Max Online: 151 @ Mon Jan 17 2011 21:36 PM
Joint Tactics & Medicine

JOINT TACTICS & MEDICINE (JTM)

Celebrating 12 Years of Providing High-Level Weapons Training, Combat Medicine and Support Services to Warfighters from around the globe.

Combat Medic & TCCC training Programs
Hyper-Realistic Scenario Training Support
Advanced Operator Weapon Training Programs
Custom Tailored Training Requirements

JTM Las Vegas