Check ST.com Email | P90X | Kettlebell! | TRX | Elite Rings | TAC Gear | Jet Fins | Neanderthin

Forum Home Do not ask questions that violate OPSEC parameters. Read the ROEs and do a search before posting a question! Do not answer a question unless your information is from verified sources and accurate!

Google Search
Custom Search
Share |
Site Support
PJ Stickers

LATEST book on Pararescue!
Topic Options
#58589 - Thu Jul 21 2011 20:29 PM PJ Iron man past test
NvrQuit Offline

Loc: NC
Hey had a quick question. So i qualified for pj on my past test a few days ago. im taking it again in a week to try and get iron man because i came pretty close to getting it. what happens/means if i get iron man? possible early ship out date?

thanks

Click to support the Site!
#58591 - Fri Jul 22 2011 09:12 AM Re: PJ Iron man past test [Re: NvrQuit]
TE Offline
Operator

Loc: Various
I don't know all the benefits, but I do know that the better the PAST score the sooner you may be able to ship. If you are willing to "quick-ship", and a guy fails his EAD (final PAST before BMT), recruiters go to the quick-ship list and fill that slot with the guy with the best PAST...so, if you want to ship quickly, it's good to have a better than minimum PAST score.

Good luck.

#58592 - Fri Jul 22 2011 11:05 AM Re: PJ Iron man past test [Re: NvrQuit]
maxpowers04 Offline

Loc: Southeast Michigan
good to know, thanks for posting

#58598 - Fri Jul 22 2011 18:42 PM Re: PJ Iron man past test [Re: NvrQuit]
Cyclone Offline

Loc: Las Vegas, NV
NvrQuit, if I may add. To those who dont know the Iron man standards they are

500m swim: 8:45
1.5 mile: 9:30
pull ups: 13
sit ups: 65
push ups: 60

These were what they were last I heard

#58600 - Fri Jul 22 2011 19:38 PM Re: PJ Iron man past test [Re: Cyclone]
NvrQuit Offline

Loc: NC
With consistant/deticated training i believe all pj trainess can acheieve these iron man standards (and beyond) which Cyclone has posted. hard work really does pay off.
thanks for the standards

#58636 - Tue Jul 26 2011 18:59 PM Re: PJ Iron man past test [Re: NvrQuit]
JoeB Offline

Loc: Utah
I thought the slowest possible 1.5 time was 9:47 per the new PAST standards?

EDIT: after re-reading the minimum req for the past i think your numbers are a bit off, i find it odd that beating the maximum run time by 17 sec, beating the cal minimums by only 10 on sit ups, 8 for pushups, and 3 for pull ups would qualify as "ironman" stats. but idk maybe my logic is severely flawed.

Edited by knucklehead (Tue Jul 26 2011 19:25 PM)

#60214 - Tue Feb 07 2012 16:46 PM Re: PJ Iron man past test [Re: NvrQuit]
ltiner Offline

Loc: Las Vegas , NV
I just recently passed the PAST with ironman standards (the listed numbers seem pretty accurate except the swim time but it could be right) and I received no benefit however, my recruiter mentioned that it gave her some kind of bonus.

#60216 - Tue Feb 07 2012 18:59 PM Re: PJ Iron man past test [Re: ltiner]
rgrego Offline

Loc: Los Angeles
I think there would only be a benefit if you were trying to leave a soon as possible. If not then it doesn't really matter. Since Iron Man standards are good for being on the quick ship list as TE has noted above

#60217 - Tue Feb 07 2012 19:30 PM Re: PJ Iron man past test [Re: NvrQuit]
cjohnson Offline

Loc: Hubbard, Ohio
The flight chief of my recruiting squadron explained to me that the Iron man standards are just for bumping those in DEP higher on the waiting list for a training slot to CCSC/PJ Indoctrination. The way they look at is that those who can meet the Iron man standards deserve a traing slot over those who are not in as good of physical shape. This effected me (I do have my GTEP now) a guy who came into our DEP at a later date then myself hit the Iron man standards on his first offical PAST and skiped over me and the others in DEP and recieved a date for BMT relitivaly quickly. I believe thats the main reason. I also see it as a good way to give ST hopefuls a goal to reach before leaving to BMT. Thats what ive been trying for i can hit all the standards except the run now.

#60571 - Mon Mar 12 2012 10:17 AM Re: PJ Iron man past test [Re: NvrQuit]
Sandbox Offline

Loc: Grand Rapids, MI
Not sure if anyone has an idea, but how often do 'quick-ships' happen? As in, how often do people fail their EAD? My recruiter thinks the chances are pretty slim. He's predicting an estimated ship date around July, which means I probably wouldn't be seeing Indoc until FY 13 if I'm reading things right frown Not that I would complain about more training time, but it's already been ~7 months since I walked into the recruiter's office and I'm ready to get moving!

I killed my PAST and the recruiter said something about my numbers being good for our 'squadron.' Not sure what a squadron encompasses though...can anyone enlighten me on that point? Google hasn't helped too much. Edit: Nevermind, found it - http://www.rs.af.mil/library/factsheets/factsheet.asp?id=6494

Also, the recruiter administering my PAST showed me his official looking sheet with the 'Ironman' standards. 8:45 swim, 9:30 Run, 13 Pull, 70 Sit, 70 Push

Edited by Sandbox (Mon Mar 12 2012 11:06 AM)

#60575 - Mon Mar 12 2012 16:51 PM Re: PJ Iron man past test [Re: NvrQuit]
ltiner Offline

Loc: Las Vegas , NV
I was able to apply for a quick ship that left on the 3/6. When asked I jumped at the opportunity without any hesitation but by the time my recruiter submitted my paperwork someone else had already taken the slot. The good news is that I got my slot yesterday for July 17 (although it sucks its so far away) maybe I'll see you there.

#60668 - Wed Mar 21 2012 10:36 AM Re: PJ Iron man past test [Re: NvrQuit]
BrianBeatty87 Offline

Loc: Kansas
I'm not taking the PAST until May. I really want to go to indoc this year but it is sounding like it takes some time to get into a class. Kinda sucks but I guess that means I'll just PT more, Ironman stats seem pretty easy the only thing is the swim for me, only been swimming for 4 months. But I guess if I want to get out this year I'll have to speed it up some more...As always, good info here.

#60765 - Thu Mar 29 2012 09:51 AM Re: PJ Iron man past test [Re: BrianBeatty87]
EVigs89 Offline

Loc: CT, U.S.A.
Grab the Total Immersion book from this site. I enlisted in October 2011. I had to teach myself how to swim (correctly) for my PAS test in January. I did the 500m in 9:57. Nothings impossible.

Moderator:  Guard MC, PJ1, PJ2PA, SN, TE 
Cals, Crossfit, TRX & Rings
That Others May Live

That Others May Live is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit charitable organization established in 2002. The That Others May Live Foundation provides scholarships, family counseling, and aid to surviving children of United States Air Force (USAF) Rescue heroes who gave the ultimate sacrifice during a Rescue mission, training, or other Personnel Recovery (PR) collateral mission.

Donate to TOML.

Who's Online
1 registered (mxfit12), 52 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12411 Members
83 Forums
11952 Topics
54720 Posts

Max Online: 151 @ Mon Jan 17 2011 21:36 PM
Joint Tactics & Medicine

JOINT TACTICS & MEDICINE (JTM)

Celebrating 12 Years of Providing High-Level Weapons Training, Combat Medicine and Support Services to Warfighters from around the globe.

Combat Medic & TCCC training Programs
Hyper-Realistic Scenario Training Support
Advanced Operator Weapon Training Programs
Custom Tailored Training Requirements

JTM Las Vegas

Check ST.com Email | P90X | Kettlebell! | TRX | Elite Rings | TAC Gear | Jet Fins | Neanderthin