Check ST.com Email | P90X | Kettlebell! | TRX | Elite Rings | TAC Gear | Jet Fins | Neanderthin

Forum Home Do not ask questions that violate OPSEC parameters. Read the ROEs and do a search before posting a question! Do not answer a question unless your information is from verified sources and accurate!

Google Search
Custom Search
Share |
Site Support
PJ Stickers

LATEST book on Pararescue!
Topic Options
#52730 - Sat Jan 30 2010 12:01 PM Boots during INDOC
jimmyv Offline

Loc: Cayman Islands
Hello, just a quick question for someone who knows the actual answer and not just a guess, maybe TE, Guard, or Yukon. I am prior service and heading off to the INDOC in either April or June. I have to go to a 2 week course before hand to get issued my AF uniforms, and learn a little about the AF. I will get issued new boots, but I will be going into the INDOC right after the course. No time to break in new boots. You know as well as I do that feet are important! Can I wear my own boots? Do they have to be AF, or Army issue, or can they be boots that I have worn in combat that are bought off the market? If they can be ones that are bought, which ones are OK. I want to make sure I have boots that won't be a problem, and they say I can't wear them and I get stuck with the new issue boots. The boots I have now are Black Hawk's. alright, this post is long enough. Any info will help. My recuiter does not know the answer. Thanks

JV

Click to support the Site!
#52731 - Sat Jan 30 2010 13:46 PM Re: Boots during INDOC [Re: jimmyv]
Guard MC Offline
Operator

Loc: Louisville, Ky STS
You will have to wear Air Force Instruction approved boots with your Airman Combat Uniform (ACU). They can be the new green suede or a wide variety of dessert tan boots. I don't know if your combat boots meet USAF standards but you can google AFI 36-2903, Dress And Apperarnace. If you download an Adobi PDF, you can use the FIND function to find what kind of boots are authorized. Compare yours to the list and see if they meet the standards. If not, the green suede ones break in so fast that
they may very well be OK at Indoc.

#52732 - Sat Jan 30 2010 14:00 PM Re: Boots during INDOC [Re: Guard MC]
jimmyv Offline

Awesome. Thank you for the quick reply. I will check out the website that you sent. Ill keep the green ones in mind too...

JV

#52743 - Sun Jan 31 2010 11:24 AM Re: Boots during INDOC [Re: jimmyv]
Scananigens Offline

Loc: Offutt AFB
similar to this topic, are they using only ABUs in indoc, or are BDUs Still authorized?

#52749 - Sun Jan 31 2010 14:51 PM Re: Boots during INDOC [Re: Scananigens]
jimmyv Offline

Wish I could tell you. I am a prior service guy and only have BDU's, but before INDOC, I have to go to a 2 week course that teaches me about the AF and get my issue. I was told I will be issued the ABU. I am under the impression that it is the ABU now and you can still wear the tan boots until they have enough to go around.

#52754 - Mon Feb 01 2010 05:54 AM Re: Boots during INDOC [Re: jimmyv]
Guard MC Offline
Operator

Loc: Louisville, Ky STS
The USAF isn't issuing BDUs anymore at BMT because the BDUs will be entirely phased out by this October. You will get the ABUs and the green boots at BMT. The green boots are not great field boots, in fact, I'd say they are bad field boots. They are, however, pretty comfortable for walking around paved surfaces, offices, etc; maybe that's why the Air Force bought them. Anyway, they break in fast so if you gotta wear them anytime you are in ABUs (which seems likely), get them now and in a couple weeks they will be good to go. I don't really know if the cadre will let you wear the Desert Boots if you also have the green ones issued but it wouldn't hurt to have both kinds when you show up. You can always put the extra ones in your locker.

Good luck.

#52757 - Mon Feb 01 2010 09:49 AM Re: Boots during INDOC [Re: jimmyv]
kid Offline

Loc: georgia
Any deserts will do, just make sure they're speed laces. Very little time to change between pool sessions. Your Black Hawks will do great.

#52761 - Mon Feb 01 2010 15:14 PM Re: Boots during INDOC [Re: kid]
jimmyv Offline

Thanks guys. That info helped a lot. Wish me luck...

JV

#52852 - Mon Feb 08 2010 05:42 AM Re: Boots during INDOC [Re: jimmyv]
tangodown Offline

Loc: Pipeline
I know this thread is kind of dead but im looking at getting new boots before i leave for CCSC. I am in the reserves and had the green ones for about 3 months until they fell apart. I went back to the tan boots that i have had since 06 and went through Afghanistan for me and are really comfortable but are wearing out. I have seen some really good things on the new NIKE SFB Combat Boots. I have a couple of questions.

Does anyone have experience with these boots and if so what do they think of them?

Are these authorized at training?I know a guy who was allowed to use the at SFAS so I would assume we could as well but I want to verify.

I went through the AFI and there isnt really any info on the desert boots, like which ones are allowed and which ones are not. Any help would be great.

Edited by tangodown (Mon Feb 08 2010 05:52 AM)

#52926 - Sat Feb 13 2010 16:50 PM Re: Boots during INDOC [Re: tangodown]
gyellow Offline

Loc: jupiter, florida
try tactical research...i have them an im on prep team and start indoc feb. 22nd and i love them so far with everything we are doing...

#52928 - Sat Feb 13 2010 20:11 PM Re: Boots during INDOC [Re: gyellow]
S_J_G Offline

Loc: Auburn, Alabama
Those boots look awesome, which ones do you have? Paladin or Kiowas? Here are a few pictures if you can't remember:

http://www.militaryboots.com/tactical-research-boots.html?gclid=CI-e9eP68J8CFVth2gode3lhYA

"Every man dies, not every man truly lives"
-William Wallace

#63403 - Mon Mar 04 2013 18:38 PM Re: Boots during INDOC [Re: jimmyv]
N_SAR Offline

Loc: FL, USA
"I have to go to a 2 week course before hand to get issued my AF uniforms, and learn a little about the AF. I will get issued new boots, but I will be going into the INDOC right after the course." (jimmyv)

Can anybody verify that this is the current policy for prior service?

I'm prior Navy (6 years) so I will also not be going to Basic Training. My recruiter tells me he will be bringing me to the nearest base to just buy my uniforms after my prior service package is approved, then I will ship directly to TX for Development/Indoctrination.

I thought it seemed strange to not have any transition course or standardized uniform issue. If I'm going to be issued uniforms I'd rather not spend hundreds of dollars on those same uniforms a couple weeks earlier.

#63406 - Mon Mar 04 2013 19:26 PM Re: Boots during INDOC [Re: jimmyv]
TE Offline
Operator

Loc: Various
N_SAR,

See my PM.

#63407 - Mon Mar 04 2013 21:33 PM Re: Boots during INDOC [Re: TE]
swanny Offline

Loc: SD,CA
TE, not to go off topic but I am in the same situation as N_SAR, and leave 4April for Pararescue. Can you also give me some insight on prior service and the process at lackland before DEV/Indoc?

Any input would be great!

Thanks.

#63408 - Tue Mar 05 2013 07:36 AM Re: Boots during INDOC [Re: jimmyv]
TE Offline
Operator

Loc: Various
swanny,

Info sent to your email also.

#63429 - Wed Mar 06 2013 18:37 PM Re: Boots during INDOC [Re: jimmyv]
PX_Crusader_07 Offline

Loc: Georgia
i ship may 14, ive been wondering about the silly little things like this but feel my recruiter may not be able to answer as informed as here. I know cones will be given a chance to purchase running shoes from a running store specifically for our gait/foot. will we also have a chance to uprgrade from the BMT issued boots? i have the sage suede issued boots i used for work (steel toe) by Belleville, but i cant imagine running in them for very long. The more tactical sneaker-type soled versions (Converse/Oakley) seem more practical for INDOC.

also while we're on the topic, what about underwear? i imagine the issued ones are a step above wearing paper. can i bring with me to BMT or buy at some point some compression shorts?
silly maybe, but ive been curious. thanks!

Edited by PX_Crusader_07 (Wed Mar 06 2013 18:40 PM)

#63471 - Sun Mar 10 2013 07:31 AM Re: Boots during INDOC [Re: jimmyv]
rbetita Offline

Loc: California
Favorites for boots here seem to be the Rocky S2Vs, Rocky C4s and the Nikes. Tan boots are not allowed.

Rocky S2V
http://www.uspatriottactical.com/rocky-s2v-special-ops-boot-af-abu-sage-22.html

Rocky C4s
http://www.uspatriottactical.com/rocky-c4trainer-sage-lightweight-boots.html

Nikes
http://www.uspatriottactical.com/nike-sage-air-force-sfb-boot-free-overnight-shipping.html

S2Vs are good for rucking, but are the heaviest out of all of them so it sucks doing flutter kicks with them. Nikes (the ones I'm going through with) are the lightest of them all, but don't last very long (the treading on the bottom wear quickly). The C4s are a little heavier than the Nikes but cost about $30 less. I'm getting the C4s soon so I can use my Nikes as my garrison pair instead of my BMT boots. I would suggest buying two pairs of lightweight boots because having the BMT boots in your ruck as your garrison pair can really add weight to your ruck and you can always use less of that.

About the underwear question, you'll be wearing Soffes 24/7.

http://www.amazon.com/Soffe-Mens-Running...offe+shorts+men

#63587 - Tue Apr 02 2013 19:10 PM Re: Boots during INDOC [Re: jimmyv]
Timodye Offline

Loc: Ohio
TE is there anyway you can give me the info you shared with them? I got my SG waiver and am waiting on a prior service determination which should come back good, my recruiter is not sure of the process past that and I would like to know about the gear issue and such.

Thanks!

#63595 - Fri Apr 05 2013 16:12 PM Re: Boots during INDOC [Re: jimmyv]
PX_Crusader_07 Offline

Loc: Georgia
will we be given a chance to buy them one you get to indoc from the px or a surplus store off base, or are you on your own to order them on the net?

Moderator:  Guard MC, PJ1, PJ2PA, SN, TE 
Cals, Crossfit, TRX & Rings
That Others May Live

That Others May Live is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit charitable organization established in 2002. The That Others May Live Foundation provides scholarships, family counseling, and aid to surviving children of United States Air Force (USAF) Rescue heroes who gave the ultimate sacrifice during a Rescue mission, training, or other Personnel Recovery (PR) collateral mission.

Donate to TOML.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 51 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12536 Members
83 Forums
12004 Topics
54870 Posts

Max Online: 151 @ Mon Jan 17 2011 21:36 PM
Joint Tactics & Medicine

JOINT TACTICS & MEDICINE (JTM)

Celebrating 12 Years of Providing High-Level Weapons Training, Combat Medicine and Support Services to Warfighters from around the globe.

Combat Medic & TCCC training Programs
Hyper-Realistic Scenario Training Support
Advanced Operator Weapon Training Programs
Custom Tailored Training Requirements

JTM Las Vegas

Check ST.com Email | P90X | Kettlebell! | TRX | Elite Rings | TAC Gear | Jet Fins | Neanderthin