Check ST.com Email | P90X | Kettlebell! | TRX | Elite Rings | TAC Gear | Jet Fins | Neanderthin

Forum Home Do not ask questions that violate OPSEC parameters. Read the ROEs and do a search before posting a question! Do not answer a question unless your information is from verified sources and accurate!

Google Search
Custom Search
Share |
Site Support
PJ Stickers

LATEST book on Pararescue!
Topic Options
#45041 - Sat Mar 08 2008 13:36 PM Preparing for PAST
Willing To Do It Offline

Loc: Patrick AFB, FL
I am scheduled to take the PAST in a month. I can do all the events and am now polishing off doing them all in a row. A while ago i tried to do it all in a row and apparently did not wait long enough after eating. Thhis got me thinking that I don't really know how long to wait after eating till i take my test. So here's my question. I am taking my test at 7:30 AM when should I have breakfast, and what type of foods should that breakast have so that i have enough time to digest, and still get all the energy I can out of it, without throwing up after the test. Any help would be greatly appreeciated.

Click to support the Site!
#45044 - Sat Mar 08 2008 17:23 PM Re: Preparing for PAST [Re: Willing To Do It]
Arkie Offline

Loc: U.S
Personally I would eat a big dinner, lots of carbs, banannas, tons of water. Wake up early and drink a MRP shake about 30 min before u leave. The shake shoud be something like MAX MRP, with 60 g protein, good fats, etc. Thats ure best bet by far... eat after.

#45045 - Sat Mar 08 2008 17:30 PM Re: Preparing for PAST [Re: Willing To Do It]
Tido300 Offline

Loc: Florida
The night before I took the PAST, I ate some pasta with chicken and then had a small breakfast...something like oatmeal and yogurt maybe and hour or hour and a half before. Remember to drink lots of water too.

#45048 - Sun Mar 09 2008 01:19 AM Re: Preparing for PAST [Re: Tido300]
TE Offline
Operator

Loc: Various
1/2 Banana, small protien drink and orange juice 120 mins before the test...after morning ablutions to relieve yourself well ahead of the test. As Tido and others say, big meal the night before is fine...but make sure to defacate and urinate before the test.

If you wake up for any reason, drink water and eat a snack. The earlier you wake up, the more you can eat...nothing 1hr prior to test...and only a 1/2 a banana, protien, and OJ 2 hrs prior. The PAST really shouldn't be that taxing...so you don't need a whole lot of energy...good luck.

#45065 - Mon Mar 10 2008 18:20 PM Re: Preparing for PAST [Re: TE]
IndocPJ Offline

These are all good tips for preparing to take the PAST. If you are paying attention you might even pick up a few nutrition pointers from their advice.

My advice...get used to working out right after (30 minutes/ish)a meal. Reason...you won't have the benefit of following the above outlines once you get to Indoc. Get on a good balanced diet and stay on it. Try to break your meals up to 5 a day. You only get 3 meals at Indoc, but you can cache powerbars, etc. in your ruck to feed the machine throughout the day. Last, if you aren't pissing clear you are dehydrated...drink a lot of fluids, but do not load up on trendy sugar drinks (straight gatorade-cut it in half doses).
You will be amazed at what your body will get used to.
Lead with your mind and your body will follow!

Moderator:  Guard MC, PJ1, PJ2PA, SN, TE 
Cals, Crossfit, TRX & Rings
That Others May Live

That Others May Live is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit charitable organization established in 2002. The That Others May Live Foundation provides scholarships, family counseling, and aid to surviving children of United States Air Force (USAF) Rescue heroes who gave the ultimate sacrifice during a Rescue mission, training, or other Personnel Recovery (PR) collateral mission.

Donate to TOML.

Who's Online
1 registered (FiGA), 22 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12545 Members
83 Forums
12013 Topics
54902 Posts

Max Online: 151 @ Mon Jan 17 2011 21:36 PM
Joint Tactics & Medicine

JOINT TACTICS & MEDICINE (JTM)

Celebrating 12 Years of Providing High-Level Weapons Training, Combat Medicine and Support Services to Warfighters from around the globe.

Combat Medic & TCCC training Programs
Hyper-Realistic Scenario Training Support
Advanced Operator Weapon Training Programs
Custom Tailored Training Requirements

JTM Las Vegas

Check ST.com Email | P90X | Kettlebell! | TRX | Elite Rings | TAC Gear | Jet Fins | Neanderthin