Check ST.com Email | P90X | Kettlebell! | TRX | Elite Rings | TAC Gear | Jet Fins | Neanderthin

Forum Home Do not ask questions that violate OPSEC parameters. Read the ROEs and do a search before posting a question! Do not answer a question unless your information is from verified sources and accurate!

Google Search
Custom Search
Share |
Site Support
PJ Stickers

LATEST book on Pararescue!
Topic Options
#43074 - Tue Aug 14 2007 07:32 AM New to site, Just wanted to intro myself.
burtonmj65 Offline

Loc: Missouri, USA
Have you ever had a dream? My dream started when I was a senior in high school. I was a military brat stationed at RAF Woodbridge England. As a 17 year old in a foreign country there is not much to do. In school there was a program called Corporate Work Experience. The teacher in charge of that program came to me and asked if I would like to participate. I found out that most jobs open were sitting in an office some where on base answering phones. That would not do for me. I went to the director of the program and said I would like to participate if I could pick the area of my work experience. I though about it. There were airmen walking around the base dressed in flight suits with maroon Beria’s. I stop one and ask what do you do? I’m a PJ. What was a PJ? I wanted to find out. I started the next week working with the PJ's (Para jumpers) of the 67th ARRS. On the first day I found out that the motto is “THAT OTHERS MAY LIVE”. I was fascinated by those four words, That others may live! I knew right then that Pararescue is what I wanted to do. I trained for several mounts, and was ready for when I joined the Air Force. I took the PAST test and did very well. There were two weeks left in Basic Training and I was going to start living my dream. I had gone into basic training with a guaranteed job of Radiology Tech. The Air Force decided that was more important, and I was unable to go to Pararescue school. I was on a path that takes me to where Iam now. I, am not sorry for the path I have been on. I have four kids and a great wife. Iam working in a level one trauma center at the University of Missouri. I now work in MRI and make a great wage. I’ am at a cross roads. I tell my boys to never quit, never give up on there dreams no matter what obstacles. So do I practice what I preach? At 41 years old all I want is a shot at what I started so many years ago. I have had a life time of experience. The Air Force will not be disappointed. I train with my boy’s everyday. They support my decision and are helping me to fulfill my dream. I have read that the age should not be a problem as long as I get pass the physical requirements. I encourage your thoughts.

Thanks, Mark

Click to support the Site!
#43091 - Wed Aug 15 2007 10:11 AM Re: New to site, Just wanted to intro myself. [Re: burtonmj65]
TE Offline
Operator

Loc: Various
Age may be a problem...and your ability to get to indoc will be based on current AF prior service policies and the functional manager at HQ/AETC.

The PAST is the absolute easiest and minimum requirement for PJ...it only gets worse from there...guys around your age have made it through indoc and the pipeline, but they're few and far between.

Good luck.

Moderator:  Guard MC, PJ1, PJ2PA, SN, TE 
Cals, Crossfit, TRX & Rings
That Others May Live

That Others May Live is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit charitable organization established in 2002. The That Others May Live Foundation provides scholarships, family counseling, and aid to surviving children of United States Air Force (USAF) Rescue heroes who gave the ultimate sacrifice during a Rescue mission, training, or other Personnel Recovery (PR) collateral mission.

Donate to TOML.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 33 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12422 Members
83 Forums
11957 Topics
54738 Posts

Max Online: 151 @ Mon Jan 17 2011 21:36 PM
Joint Tactics & Medicine

JOINT TACTICS & MEDICINE (JTM)

Celebrating 12 Years of Providing High-Level Weapons Training, Combat Medicine and Support Services to Warfighters from around the globe.

Combat Medic & TCCC training Programs
Hyper-Realistic Scenario Training Support
Advanced Operator Weapon Training Programs
Custom Tailored Training Requirements

JTM Las Vegas

Check ST.com Email | P90X | Kettlebell! | TRX | Elite Rings | TAC Gear | Jet Fins | Neanderthin